9.06.2008

Whip of The Week.

This BMW is by far the best that I've seen (including ye's) and belongs to none other than John Prolly. Although not a personal friend, this guy has been on my blogroll for some time and I've seen him shred like nobody's business; in fact, the only reason he got a bmw is because he cracked a steamroller. Those Surly's are built like rocks and it had a good run with Prolly but in the end those 180s laid it to rest.
The other thing that makes this whip so special is that being a Brooklyn resident, I think Prolly got the guys at bmw to work some magic for him; although the frame is only available in a 40 and a 46, John's is a 50; first of its kind. (Although bmw's sizing is a little peculiar, a 50 equates to a 59cm track bike). It's good to see part of the steamroller lives on with the white deep Vs to purple profiles; I'm working on some purple profiles myself and I must say, they shine the brightest laced to that white deep v, the flying coffin stickers help too. The rest of the bike is pretty routine: still repping the Sugino 75 and CRUSHER, shimano BB, and Wellgo MG4s with doubles. Enough; I'm done drooling, check out the whip yourself on prolly's blog.

7 Comments:

Blogger G.S.GUCCILIFE said...

One of the frame i ve considered.Problem is that they dont reply to emails...(as Prolly knows...)

9:38 AM  
Blogger frankie5.0 said...

dude, that kind of cash for just a frame and fork? I dont think I could do it...

This track looks so good though.

9:34 AM  
Blogger G.S.GUCCILIFE said...

Dude,being a poser,thats nothing.....:P

ps:are you in NY?

9:39 AM  
Blogger frankie5.0 said...

no I'm in tampa but Ive got friends in fam in the city though, I was just up there earlier this year.

10:11 AM  
Blogger G.S.GUCCILIFE said...

How Tampa?Miami type city?

10:20 AM  
Blogger frankie5.0 said...

haha no where near as much fun as mia.

1:19 PM  
Blogger frankie5.0 said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home