6.04.2008

When You Are Engulfed in Flames

I'll admit it, I stumbled upon this one completely by chance.

David Sedaris, Grammy Award-nominated American humorist, radio contributor and most importantly, my favorite author, released his sixth book yesterday, June 3rd, 2008. While at my neighborhood Borders books, music, and cafe, I was welcomed in by a homely stack of the newest collection of essays from Sedaris and immediately picked up the copy that would follow me home. "When You Are Engulfed in Flames" assembles essays featuring such topics as: trying to make coffee when the water is shut off, associations in the French countryside, buying drugs in a mobile home in rural North Carolina, having a lozenge fall from your mouth into the lap of a fellow passenger on a plane, armoring windows with LP covers to protect the house from neurotic songbirds, and venturing to Hiroshima in order to quit smoking. I cant wait for my break tomorrow to continue my journey.

In case you are wondering; yes, I got one of the 900,000 first-run hardcover issues released by 'Little, Brown and Company'. That's right, only 900,000 copies issued people. Sorry, the 'deadstock-don' in me had to come out.

2 Comments:

Blogger TURK said...

hey, could I peep that when you're done. David Sedaris makes me laugh so hard that I feel like a pup again.

10:28 AM  
Blogger frankie5.0 said...

Sorry to tell you this turk, but you're third on the list; I have to read it then someone else called dibs.

I'll give it George when it's your turn. He, having thumbs and all, can probably carry it better.

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home