5.31.2008

Who the Hell is Wale?

Is a question that I've been asking myself for the last couple of days; I kept reading about this guy and his mixtape with no particular subject* on every blog I looked at. Unfortunately my hip-hop snobiety took over and I thought “If haven’t heard of him yet, he must be garbage; not worth listening to.” I then heard the Roots single and thought "alright...he's got some skills", but then I heard the W.A.L.E.D.A.N.C.E. : Now this initially turned me off; I've had enough Justice D.A.N.C.E for three lifetimes but my man did his thing! Wale is MURDERING this track with what appears to be no effort at all. When you try hard, you die hard; the next Mr. West?

Highlight: Wale shows his street cred with a shout out to siblings Mark and Samantha Ronson:
"Sorry Mark I don't want to offend your sister's good friend but..."
HA!

Check out the Vid:


*Pick up "the Mixtape about Nothing" here

2 Comments:

Blogger TURK said...

No way. Dude remixed the Seinfeld theme. Nooo waaaayy! He had me at higher than lohan.

6:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should peep my mixtape as well, I think you'd like it, it's on my blog.


Godspeed
-AK

11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home