1.09.2009

Life and Shoes.

In my daily life, sneaker culture has recently taken a back seat to some apparel and bicycle parts and the blog reflects it but as I'm sure most of you know, sneaker culture finds a way into your bloodstream and although we have outgrown waiting in line for dunks, once a sneakerhead always a sneakerhead --

Which is why these two posts on highsnob kind of threw me for a loop. The curtain has finally been pulled back on one of the designs Kanye West did for Louis Vuitton and I couldn't be more disappointed.If I was looking for a boat shoe inspired sneaker I would go to any local mall and find a timberland shoe, thank you Mr.West. The patten leather on the heel looks cheesy and the mid sole is too bulky; in my opinion, the most appealing selling point of a boat shoe is the sleek and slim mid sole. From the man who claims every shoe company is releasing the same shoe in different colors, West sure did pull a page out of the Raf Simons' book. Too much hype for a shoe looks like a $40 pair of Vans. I'm being so harsh because I know that a man with the design experience Kanye West has can do a lot better, ESPECIALLY with Marc Jacobs behind the brand he is representing; in spite of all of that, I'm still looking forward to the other 5 Designs by West.

On the other hand, I have never been impressed by a Lacoste shoe; I've seen them come and go and even the collaboration they did with one of my favorite street wear companies, Alife, was boring to me, but the newest sneaker released in honor of Rene Lacoste, founder of the brand, is by far their best shoe to date.The sneaker comes in three color ways - black/pink, black/blue and black/yellow and they've got me re-allocating some funds to budget these guys into my life. I know some of you will disagree but I think this is the perfect summer shoe to be worn with a skinny short jean and they're not going to break the bank either. Check them out over at Flauge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home