4.06.2008

I didn't miss this one.


The likes of NORM (MSK AWR), AmandaLynn (AWR), Reyes (MSK) and Jeremy Fish (NIKE SB) have all passed through and had art shows in Tampa, specifically, Ybor City this year and I have managed to miss every show to date…that is, until Sunday, April 05, 2008. On that day, my treo woke me up before I had the chance to check my emails from bed. It was Angelo calling, one of the tattoo artists at Red Letter 1, the host of said art shows, he informed me of the upcoming Mac, Retna (MSK) and Kofie show. Lamentably, I had to close that night but I wouldn’t let that, or the massive storm rolling into the bay area stop me. After a quick pit stop at my house, I made it to the shop with a half an hour to spare. Speaking of spare; to my despair, I found that Marquis "retna" Lewis' pieces would not be showing due to some discrepancies at the airport. No worries because there were 8 original pieces by Kofie showing which were extreme. Kofie being the sole reason I starting writing graffiti, simply being in the presence of his original work was enough.In other good news, Ang cleared the air about my tattoo and said when ever I'm ready he"ll start drawing.

2 Comments:

Blogger TURK said...

That's ill about your ink son. I promise not to jump up on your leg till after it heals...but you might have to remind me.

Halfway Crooks Committing Almost Crimes

*i like it

6:58 PM  
Blogger frankie5.0 said...

whaaat! thats dope. Might have ot steal that.

Ps ink probably wont happen for a long time. Ang delivers amazing results, put he doesnt do it for freee.

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home